August 15, 2005
Music on the Eve of Disengagement
1. Coming to you (Ba Aleichem) - Miri Mesika
2. Give him a chance (Titnu lo chance) - Ma Kashur
3. Small love (Ahava Ketana) - Shiri Maimon
4. Heat of July, August (Chom yuli ogust) - Synergy
5. Middle of the night in the village (Emtza halaila bekfar) - Harel Moyal
6. From all the love (Mekol Ha-ahavot) - Idan Raichel Project
7. Not the same thing (Ze lo otoh davar) - Ivri Lider
8. Accept!!! (Kabel!!!) - Shy 360 featuring Hatzel and Guy Mazig
9. Sleeping without dreaming (Lishon bli lahlom) - Metropolin
10. I will dream forever (Live) (Echlom L'Nezach B'Hofa'ah) - Mofa Ha Arnavot Shel Doctor Kasper
11. I only want you (Rak Otcah Rotzah) - Maya Buskilah
12. There is none like your love (Ein k'mo ha'ahava shelach) - Daniel Solomon
13. I see you (Ani ro'eh otach) - Shalom Chanoach and Shlomo Artzi
14. Sweetie 2 (Motek 2) - Roni
15. Sing for me too (Tashiru gam li) - The Airforce Band
16. All i want - Hadara Levin Areddy
17. Drop of understanding (Tipa shell havana) - Dani Sanderson
18. Futuristic romance (Romantika atidanit) - Machina
19. Pass to another day (Pas Leyom acher) - Yosi Azoulay
20. News from the moon (Chadashot me'hayareach) - Fortis/Sakharof
Posted by yudel at August 15, 2005 12:08 AM
hey! There is a song I heard on the radio while I was visiting Jerusalem. It was one of the weeks before the actual disengagement pullout. It was a long, and emotional song, but I don't understand hebrew very well, so I don't know what it was about and what the name of it was.
But, the tune is stuck in my head! I am back in the US now, and it's driving me crazy! I don't know the name or the lyrics or who it's by, but I am frantically trying to figure out WHO it is.
It is possible it could have been an older song, not recent release. An emotional song. And, there were more than one voice, but it was only men's voice. It was a very soft song but with a lot of pain and emotion. If only I could figure this out.
I can actually sing out the tune... but I dunno how that would help, since no one can hear it!
Maybe there is an Israeli site where I can listen to tracks that were popular to listen to during the weeks before the disengagement?
Ughh, this is bugging me!
If there is any help out there I wold be most thankful!
Posted by: ketket at September 21, 2005 05:59 AM
my name is Rachele and I am just another nice Jewish girl who travelled to Israel for the summer, had a great time, and then came back home... only to realize there were 3 million Hebrew-lyric songs stuck in my head that I want to download but have no idea what the names of the artists are, etc. Can you help: the song I am thinking of was kind of cheesy with a pop-ish beat, male vocalists singing in unison, and had a chorus ending in a phrase roughly translated for me by an Israeili as "how much more hatred can you swallow?"... in Hebrew it sounded to me like "something something something, something hashamayim". I can't say much more than that, except I am almost positive it was on the Top-100 last summer because it was on the radio sometimes and the kids on the kibbutz where I stayed would always play it. If you or anybody can help, YOU WILL BE MY SUPERHERO! Thanks.
Posted by: Rachele at September 29, 2005 01:26 AM